8.10.2013

(review) Crave by Melissa Darnell

Crave by Melissa Darnell
Series: The Clann #1
Release date: October 25th 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 416
Source: Bought (ebook)
Rating: ★★★★

Forbidden to Love Doomed to Fail Savannah Colbert has never known why she's so hated by the kids of the Clann. Nor can she deny her instinct to get close to Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman. Especially when she recovers from a strange illness and the attraction becomes nearly irresistible. It's as if he's a magnet, pulling her gaze, her thoughts, even her dreams. Her family has warned her to have nothing to do with him, or any members of the Clann. But when Tristan is suddenly everywhere she goes, Savannah fears she's destined to fail. For years, Tristan has been forbidden to even speak to Savannah Colbert. Then Savannah disappears from school for a week and comes back...different, and suddenly he can't stay away. Boys seem intoxicated just from looking at her. His own family becomes stricter than ever. And Tristan has to fight his own urge to protect her, to be near her no matter the consequences...



Ergh another bad ending. Well, it wasn't bad actually, it's just the type of ending that made you crave for the next sequel, the one that made waiting felt a lot more like torture. Even though I loved vampires, and I am not quite picky about vampire books I know which one is good and which one is not, and this one's a good book. (I hadn't thought that it's a vampire book though, since no 'vampire' mentioned in the synopsis. So it was pure interest)

Crave was written in both Savannah and Tristan's point of view. I've crossed path with several books like this before and some of the Authors just couldn't make the both characters different, it has different name etc. but both point of view was so similar (the way they think) that it could've been one person, and that was bad. But Melissa Darnell manage to write in both a teenage half-vamp girl and a hot witch boy, and I was really impressed. I don't know if it was my love toward vampires or what but I definitely enjoy the story. I do felt that it was a bit too mushy though, the romance, but then again I loved romance so I don't really have a problem with it. My only problem, unfortunately, was the cover. I am really annoyed somehow when the publisher or anyone who designs the cover didn't even know the character in the story. The cover's ok but the girl in it wasn't Savannah at all. Or are you saying that it wasn't Savannah? well, I don't know who else is in the cover other than the main character.

Still, not perfect but it was definitely one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!