2.01.2014

(review) Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Series: Night Huntress #7
Release date: January 28th 2014
Publisher: Avon
Pages: 384
Source: Bought (ebook)


There’s always one more grave to dig.

Lately, life has been unnaturally calm for vampires Cat Crawfield and her husband Bones. They should have known better than to relax their guard, because a shocking revelation sends them back into action to stop an all-out war…

A rogue CIA agent is involved in horrifying secret activities that threaten to raise tensions between humans and the undead to dangerous heights. Now Cat and Bones are in a race against time to save their friends from a fate worse than death…because the more secrets they unravel, the deadlier the consequences. And if they fail, their lives—and those of everyone they hold dear— will be hovering on the edge of the grave.


It took me a few seconds after reading this book to realize about something important. I am never going to see Cat and Bones again. And then my heart cried.

Cat and Bones's life had been unnaturally calm, but they should know better than to let their guards down. Cat's ghost uncle, Don, suddenly came with a really disturbing news. Cat's friends and comrades had been missing. With their attempt in saving them, Cat and Bones revealed a dark and horrifying secret. A secret that could result a war between the Vampires and Ghouls.

You know when you watched a superhero movie with more than one heroes, and at the end they all come together to defeat the boss battle or something? (like Kickass 2) this also happened in Up From the Grave. Even from the start you would know that this is going to be the end. Compared to the other books in the series, this one felt a bit rushed somehow. But it wasn't a big deal for me, I loved this book either way. Cat is still the most bad-ass heroine I've ever met, and Bones is still the hottest vampire with a British accent ever, and they both is still the hottest couple in my history of vampire romance novels.

A tiny bit turn down though, I am actually looking forward for Cat and Bones's wedding. I know it's not that important compared to what happened in this book, but I'm still sad about it. How we started the book and they're already married. And a little spoiler here, you'll meet Cat's daughter. Yes you hear me right. Cat had a daughter. Why am I mentioning this? because it's another turn down for me. Not because she had a daughter, [input daughter's name here] is really cool and I love her, but because I am really looking forward for a tiny bit affection between Cat and her daughter. I know she loves her, but... not even one hug?

The writing style is the best thing from this series. It was written in first person! finally I found an adult paranormal romance novel, with more than one book in a series, written in first person, and instead of focusing on different characters per book it focuses on one couple! I'm not a big fan of series with too much characters in it, this series had enough  (GUYS! if you know books with this kind of writing style, DON'T THINK TWICE TO RECOMMEND IT TO ME. I need it). The pace was a bit fast like I said before but that's ok. And I don't know if I'm smart or what but I kinda guessed the ending solution right. Just the ending solution.

Overall, despite those negative points I still love this book and the series. Love Cat and Bones so much, I would definitely miss them. I wish there would be one less novella or something *sigh* totally recommended to all of you who love vampires, hot guys with British accent, and a hot steamy romance. The best adult paranormal romance I've ever met.

Rating:
4 EYES OPEN (4/5)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!