10.19.2015

(Review) Branded by Abi Ketner, Missy Kalicicki

Branded
by Abi Ketner, Missy Kalicicki
Series: Sinners #1
Release date: 18th February 2014
Publisher: Month9Books
Source: Netgalley
Branded (Sinners #1)
Fifty years ago The Commander came into power and murdered all who opposed him. In his warped mind, the seven deadly sins were the downfall of society. 

To punish the guilty, he created the Hole, a place where sinners are branded according to their sins. Sinners are forced to live a less than human existence in deplorable conditions, under the watchful eye of guards who are ready to kill anyone who steps out of line.

Now, LUST wraps around my neck like thick, blue fingers, threatening to choke the life out of me. I’ve been accused of a crime I didn’t commit, and the Hole is my new home. 

Constant darkness. 

Brutal and savage violence. 

Excruciating pain. 

Every day is a fight for survival. 

But I won’t let them win. I will not die in the Hole. 

I am more than my brand. I’m a fighter. My name is Lexi Hamilton, and this is my story.

"Dark, intense, dangerous--everyday is a new fight for survival. We fell head over heels with the forbidden romance between brave heroine Lexi and swoon-worthy hero Cole. And Zeus? Best dog EVER. (We are SO getting a Great Dane!) Branded is a must read for fans of the adrenaline intensity of Shatter Me and the Totally Hot guys of Jen Armentrout."~ Justine Magazine

"Branded was a riveting and exciting dystopian read that will have you at the edge of your seat. I could not put it down and was entranced by this dark and unique world!"~Ben Alderson, Booktuber at BenjaminofTomes

"Branded is a fast paced, heart pounding and swoon-worthy read that will make you fall in love with this dark and twisted world."~Sasha Alsberg, Booktuber at ABookUtopia

""Fast paced and fun, BRANDED has something everyone will love. Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki have created a unique dystopian romance that's sure to stand out in today's market!"~Lindsay Cummings, Author of The Murder Complex.


I read this book a long time ago and I know this review is long over due. I kept notes every time I'm in the middle of reading my novels, and for this one? I wrote "IT IS SO GOOD IT MUST BE A SIN (get it?)" exactly like that. In caps.

I found the concept of this book really interesting. The commander a.k.a the leader is this twisted judgmental guy who defines people based on their most pronounced sin (from the seven deadly sin) and put them inside this isolated hole with the other 'criminals'. Our protagonist is branded with lust, not her fault though you'll see when you read it. And then there's Cole, not much to say just... sigh (dreamy sigh) 

Love love love! the writing style. My one and only reading pet peeve is slow pace, no I don't mind typos but please don't make it too slow that it's boring. And this book! God I am in love! the pace is perfect. Put together with the story, concept, and characters? instant favourite.

Although it is not quite the end yet, I got disappointed with lots of dystopian sequels lately so I don't really know if I'm willing to read the next book, hopefully it is as good or even better than this one! But all and all totally recommended for those of you who are in for some exciting dystopian novel and dreamy hero!


Rating:
5 EYES OPEN (5/5)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!