9.29.2013

(review) Moirai by Ruth silver

Moirai by Ruth Silver
Series: Aberrant #2
Release date: September 26th 2013
Publisher: LazyDay Publishing (ebook) (the one on the left was the paperback cover)
Pages: 185 (readmill)
Source: Netgalley (ebook)
Rating: ★★★★☆

Olivia has been on the run from the government of Cabal since the marriage ceremony. Finally settling in and finding herself a place to call home, in Shadow, Olivia and Joshua are preparing for the uprising that they and the rebel alliance have been planning for months. With new abilities and special talents, from Mindonsiphan, Olivia learns that she can do more than most ordinary eighteen year olds. Learning both to hide and perfect her skills will be one of the biggest challenges she'll be forced to face. A constant rollercoaster of emotion and adventure await Olivia and Joshua, as they embark on a journey to the rebel city of Torv, and what was once home, Genesis.


(The cover above was the paperback ver, even though I'm reading the ebook I think the paperback cover was beautiful so why not use it here?) Moirai was definitely not disappointing, but unfortunately it doesn't appeal me as much as Aberrant (the first book) do. But I still love it though. The writing, for me, was hands down beautiful. It was written in Olivia's point of view and have I mention that I love first person's POV? I don't know if it was because the writing or what but I just can't drop this book down.

While Aberrant started of with grief then sweetness, Moirai was straight to action. The characters was definitely developing throughout the series. Olivia was still an ordinary girl who cried and everything, but with the addition of super powers and the ability to conceive a child (no other woman in this dystopian world could, without the help of scientist). In some scenes, Olivia was just a girl but when she was faced with bed soldiers and all that, she was bad-ass, I was really proud of her. And there's Joshua, a guy that never cease to make me shriek. Every damn time. He was now more powerful, super sweet, and he was smart with machines. Totally drool-worthy. There's also this new character, Adelaide, she was a little girl and one of the ones left from a city that was destroyed by the Government. Adelaide was tiny, cute, and sweet just like a kid but I don't know why since Olivia found her with a dead man (not one of the protagonist) I expect her to be a bad character. You know, the ones who looked innocent and all that but deep inside was a demon? like Esther from the film Orphan? I think it was just my psycho side of brain working. Never mind.

The plot was also really exciting. In this book, it was all about collecting rebels and destroying the Government. All was explained well but somehow I felt that sometimes it was moving too fast. Like, the time Olivia gets back to Genesis to find out about something and in about one or two chapters (it wasn't that long, per chapter) later the rebels come and destroy the antagonist. But thank God it wasn't confusing at all. The cliffhanger at the end was totally irritating though, hope they didn't hurt the-main-reason-I'm-reading-this. Looking forward for Isaura!

P.S. Thank you LazyDay Publishing for the awesome adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!