10.02.2013

(review) Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter

Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter
Series: White Rabbit Chronicles #2
Release date: September 24th 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 480
Source: Bought (ebook)
Rating: ★★★★★



Inspired by the childhood classic Alice in Wonderland, this harrowing and romantic story features teen zombie slayer Alice Bell who has lost so much—family, friends, her home. After a strange new zombie attack, Alice fears she may be losing her mind as well. A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do wicked things. The whispers of the dead assault her ears and mirrors seem to come frighteningly to life. She’s never needed her team of zombie slayers more—including her boyfriend, Cole—than she does now. But as Cole strangely withdraws and the zombies gain new strength, Ali knows one false step may doom them all.


This is one of the rare cases where I loved the sequel of a book better than the first book. I think the negative point was only the new character and the cover (I agree, the model was from White Chiks)

This book was all about fun, kick-ass, heartbreak, war against the dark-side, romance, war against crazy psycho peoples, and another romance. And it was fun!

If theres about three conflicts in the first book, it was doubled in the second book. There is just so many conflict, not as many as The Mortal Instruments, but still. And the good thing about this book was the solutions. It might have sequel but at least the main conflicts were solved by the end of the book. And not just any kind of solution, it was the right solution. Everything was explained well, love! Not to mention, it was also written in first person POV, more love!

For the romance, it was rough. Another positive point, the romance conflict was real and not forced. I loved fiction books with obvious couples and no triangle love. But no, I'm not into insta-love (I don't think Alice in Zombieland was insta-love, it was insta-attraction. It's different for me). If you're not like me, then I won't recommend this book to you. It was obvious, even from the first book that Ali will always end up with Cole. Ali was even more stronger in this book, but somehow I felt that Cole was fragile. Not physically but emotionally. He's not whiny though, thank God.

I love how the characters grow so much in this book, I love Ali's kick-ass-ness (is that a word?) but at some point I was a bit annoyed with her because her kick-ass-ness was drifting toward the land of reckless-ness, she was pushing her self too much. But maybe that's another point why I liked her. No flaws equals to flat character. There's two new protagonist introduced in this book, one I love and one I hate. Yes, the character that I hate was a girl and a bitch. She ruined this book for me. And damn! I was practically grinning when Ali beat her. Love Ali.

It was really fun, and I was certain that this would be the end of the story (I'm sad) but YAY THIRD BOOK!!! can't. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!