1.06.2020

[REVIEW] Death Be Blue by Katie Epstein

DEATH BE BLUE
By Katie Epstein
(Terra Vane #1)
Publication date: Sep 29th 2017
Genres: Paranormal, Fiction, Romance

My name is Terra, and I’m a Psychic. Strange, you might think, but in a world of vampires, shifters and supernaturals of all kinds, I’m not so weird—in fact, it’s my job to protect them. As an Enforcer Field Agent, I work alongside my cute boss’s annoying younger brother, a wolf shifter called Kaleb. Together we hunt down the most dangerous criminals of all, but it isn’t easy. My visions are my only weapon, and they don’t keep a schedule.

We’re on the tail of a psycho, a cannibalistic serial killer worse than any I’ve seen. We’re close now, but something about this case just doesn’t feel right. There’s a darkness approaching, but even with my gifts I can’t see past it, and if we’re not ready, I fear there might not be a future for any of us.

I receive an arc of this book in exchange of an honest review.

Before anything, please note that this is completely based on my personal preference and point of view, I have read a few great reviews and I do believe there will be at least a good deal of people who enjoys this book.

With a bad-ass sassy heroine and an exciting new world, I am completely surprised that I am rating it 2 stars.

There is a lot of things here. From Dystopian to PNR, it may be a struggle for some authors to describe a completely fictional universe that the readers could understand and visualise well. It took me a long while to actually finish this despite all the exciting aspects of the plot and romance, solely because of the world-building. The constant descriptions kind of distracts me from the actual plot itself and I start to subconsciously drift away and start feeling exhausted instead. I really do wish I could get more invested with the story and the characters but unfortunately it fell short for me.

Overall, it was an OK read for me, I don’t hate it and I unfortunately don’t love it either. Would I recommend it? I wouldn’t stop you. As I said previously, I still do believe some portion of you would end up loving it, so knock yourself out.

Rating
★★☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!