2.10.2016

(Review) Shattered Veil by Tracy E. Banghart

Shattered Veil
by Tracy E. Banghart
(Rebel Wing #1)
Release date: February 28th 2014
Publisher: Tracy E. Banghart

Shattered Veil


When everything that defines you is stripped away, who do you become? War has come to Atalanta, infecting its quiet villages and lush woodlands, igniting whispered worries in its glittering capital. All across the dominion, young men are being Selected for Military and sent to the front lines...and eighteen-year-old Aris Haan's childhood sweetheart is one of them. Pyralis Nekkos, Atalanta's leader, has kept the truth from his people, that their dominion will fall...and much sooner than anyone could guess. Galena Vadim, his reluctant ally, wishes she could forget their shared past...until her future seems to depend on it. For the boy she loves, Aris, a talented wingjet pilot, will give up everything - her home, her name, even her face... ...only to become the key to her dominion's survival.



The only thing keeping me from finishing and reviewing this book is actually because I fail to finish it before the time it was archived. Not because the dates are too short, but just because something happen to me in real life during that period and I suck.

Anyway, I thought after so long, I owe this title at least something to say. So here I am going to summarise my feelings towards it into a (kind of) short paragraph. I did say I fail to complete this book, but it's not because of the story or writing style or any elements of the book at all. Everything was fine.

I love the plot. The thing I love about Dystopian is how an author get to create a whole new other universe, yet it could also be tricky, unsuccessful attempts in introducing their world may result a huge pile of mess and lots of confused audience. Every new information and twists needs to be revealed with a perfect timing, and although, in this book, some of them are revealed accordingly, I felt like there are still some (or a lot) of question marks about the world of Shattered Veil. I felt like I need more background about the time and setting before I can peacefully go ahead.

I have to admit, those question marks I mentioned above had me nodding off quite a lot at the beginning of the novel. It was interesting, it was nicely written, but the beginning part was just a tad dull. But it was all thankfully paid in the other part of the book where all the action had started, so I don’t think much about the beginning part after I went further. We can definitely witness the characters developed throughout the story, so a plus point there too.

Overall, the book was a three star for me. Major potential for the plot and everything, but I thought it could use more deeper introduction about this universe. Would totally buy a copy of this book to finally see how it concludes, maybe then I can complete my review too.

Rating:
3 EYES OPEN (3/5)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!