12.30.2016

[Review] It Had to Be You by Melissa Kate

It Had to Be You
by Melissa Kate
Series: Crystal Valley #2 
Publisher: Fire Quill Publishing
Published: April 25th 2017

Emma Wyatt has had enough of her ex best friend and his lady killer ways. Gone was the sweet boy of her youth and in rides the womaniser. But this time he has ready gone and done it!

Oliver didn’t expect to be coupled with Emma. She was in an awkward situation and he couldn’t help the words that came out. She should be grateful, he saved her.

Now the whole town knows. And Emma is pissed! She’s going to kill him.

But a heated argument leads to a fiery moment of passion and suddenly the two are fighting an unlikely attraction that neither saw coming. But Oliver has a secret that could tear them apart…

I received an ARC in exchange of an honest review.

It Had to Be You is just the perfect amount of sweet that I need right now. The whole reading journey had been such a delight! Awesome book to end my 2016.

Although the plot wasn't exactly new, embellished with the great and engaging writing style and lots of amazing characters, this book may just earned itself a spot in my top list. I just can't get over how much I love the main characters, Emma and Oliver. A few chapters in and you'll find yourself grinning like a fool because of their cute love-hate banters. The chemistry is over the charts I tell you! Yet even though it doesn't lessen the worth of this book, I feel that a good epilogue would be a great addition.

Overall, it is save to say that I'll be reading more of Melissa Kate's books. If you didn't get it from all these sentences, yes I am totally recommending this book to y'all romantic people out there.

Rating


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!